Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shadow box




Hello stampers,


Here is a projected I did on Saturday for my friend Laura. Her husband is going to be colonel this year and he was sent a handful of letters. He said do you think you and Monica could do something with them? Well this is what we came up with. I even made the dog tags cause he can't give me his real ones right now. Maybe once he retires I can make him another shadowbox with his real tags in them! It was a lot of fun to make I couldn't wait to see the final product. I was thinking about it for days what I was going to do, so when the time came I just went to work. I also had another friend (Julie) stop over to watch me play, she then got involved in the project. So between the 3 of us I really think it looks great! I really wish I had my camera when I gave it to Laura's husband Ron, He said WOW! I was a little scared because I tore the actual letter's and inked the edges of them. ( Laura told me it was okay) So when he said WOW I said wow good or wow bad? He said Good I said Oh Okay! He said it looked great and never excepted it to look like it did?
Not to brag but Ron's never really seen MY work!! LOLO

There is a lot of detail in the shadow box... The dog tags were embossed, the stars are embossed and pop dotted, eagle and soldier are made with marker and also pop dotted to make it stand out more. There are 4 paper clips on the letters that spell out ARMY!

I hope you guys like!!
Leave me a comment and you could wins some goodies from me!!!
I will have my random generater pick who wins!!

Rubber Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Totally, awesomely, the coolest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole thing just fell together. It was very fun helping you. Thank you for allowing me to get involed too. You are a great teacher and I am learning lots. Thanks Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. I've been wanting to make one for my dad. Maybe we can work on it sometime? - Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    Nice job Sis....You are so creative....I bet Ron shows it to everybody...He and Laura have to be over the moon on teh promotion. Tell them both Congrats for me. Maybe we will be able to see it this year, but most likely next year with the baby due in 8 weeks...OMG...

    LOL

    Love ya, Miss ya,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete